|Influences||Crawl, Angband, Dwarf Fortress, DoomRL|
|Licensing||Will be Open source|
|Platforms||Windows, Linux, Mac OS|
|[ Official site of TreasuRL]|
TreasuRL will be a roguelike by Quendus. It will be a multi-agent system with all characters competing to get treasure, motivated purely by greed (and not all of them thinking of self-preservation). The player must play by the same rules as them, and leave the game's setting (alive) with enough treasure to increase their social standing.
Features will include:
- Horde of noncooperative AI agents competing with the player and each other for treasure
- Persistent world, with streamlined interactions between NPCs continuing in the player's absence (simplified so that the player doesn't have to wait in between turns)
- Randomised cultures giving unique NPCs with different preferences and behaviours/strategies
- High death rate, population maintained by continuing stream of newcomers
- Diffusion-limited aggregation for map generation (probably)
- Player decides when to quit (or whether to press their luck further) - no ultimate treasure or target that makes them a "winner"
- Decrease emphasis on "levelling up" - characters gain power through new equipment, but will become more adapted to the game's environment as they progress
- Incomplete knowledge of other characters' capabilities (plus Angband-style memory) forcing risk assessment based on equipment etc. (more experienced characters will be more observant)
- Injuries applied to body parts; stats replaced in whole or in part by traits
- Possibility to incapacitate or knock characters out and take their stuff rather than kill them - easier, less antisocial, but might provoke revenge thanks to the memory system (could happen to PC or NPCs)