|Released||May 01 2008 (1.0.0)|
|Updated||Sep 6 2019 (1.14.0)|
|P. Language||C, C++, Python, C#|
|Platforms||Windows, Haiku, Linux, Mac OS X|
|Official site of Doryen Library|
Also known as libtcod, the Doryen Library is the function library built for the Chronicles of Doryen.
It is an uncomplicated library for roguelike developers.
- windowed or full screen console with true color support
- support for custom character sets using bitmap fonts and colored tiles
- Mersenne twister and Complementary Multiply With Carry random number generator
- inbuilt support for dice (string parsing, rolling)
- Bresenham line drawing toolkit
- Perlin, Simplex and Wavelet noise generator
- field of view toolkit with 5 different algorithms
- image toolkit with support for rotation/stretching and subcell resolution blitting
- support for turn by turn and real time games
- mouse support
- advanced configuration file parser
- fast generic container with array/list/stack interfaces
- bsp toolkit
- heightmap toolkit
- pathfinding toolkit (A* and Dijkstra)
- compression toolkit
- antialiased and unicode font support
- custom/dynamic font characters mapping
- PNG images support
- customizable name generator with 20 predefined syllable sets
Wrappers for C# are now built in as an official package. (Previously a separate project, libtcod-net). Unfortunately, C# bindings are only available for the older 1.5.1b1 beta release, not the latest stable version, 1.6.0.
Mac OS X users of the current in-development version 1.6 will need to look to libtcod-mac. The current stable release 1.5.1 includes Mac support.