Revision as of 20:14, 26 September 2006 by Icey
Paprika v 0.1.5 bug report = it tends to crash very often and randomly, mainly when using the window's menu. (Runtime error 13: Type mismatch)
My pc: Windows XP. .NET Framework 2.0
- Crypt -
- Hi Crypt, thanks for the bug report. Could you try out some things and answer some questions for me? Thanks in advance.
- 1. Could you take a look at your region settings (Control Panel > Regional and Language options) and let me know what language it's set to. I've had problems in the past where people use a different system and it causes type mismatch errors. For example, if their decimal system is like 56,99 (French) and mine is 56.99 (United Kingdom). I need to figure out a way to make my application work universally.
- 2. I've uploaded a new version (0.1.6) which has a few differences:
- Increased debugging. If you click the debug menu item and then type "debug" at the prompt, debug mode will be enabled. It'll be a bit slower.
- The new character window is no longer loaded in the background when clicking the "Windows" menu.
- Removed the windows.ini file, which stores the position and size of windows.
- Some other unrelated updates.
- 3. If you could try that out and let me know where it crashes, that would be very useful to me. It would be best if you extract everything to a new folder. When it crashes you can see the last messages in the log.txt file either in the same directory as the application or the /Save/Character Name/ directory if you were playing a game.
- Paprika is written in Visual Basic 6, so doesn't use the .NET FrameWork. Thanks again. Icey 20:14, 26 Sep 2006 (CEST)