|Line 118:||Line 118:|
's to .
Revision as of 20:21, 10 October 2006
Near future TO DO or already DONE List =
- no tourMonde() when @ is blocked by a wall
- DONE: fix the restart/animThread bug (add &&!an.getLeJeu().monde.perso.getMort() in TerrainPanel AnimThread while/if)
- 1/2 DONE: "The switch between levels is odd: it takes a long time"
- pack the save datas in one serializable class instead of a bunch of several very bloody nasty files. Morgoth kicks me. Damn my descendants for seven generations.
- 1/2 guilt: saving method, the other 1/2 guilt: lack of random generation optimization.
- I have worked on the first half, the saving feature. It's a bit faster now. I have tried an "everything in one file" method but while it may seems charming it's actually awful for performances (the more maps visited the more heavy the file to manipulate) so i have kept a 1 map/1 file method. I guess a .txt or xml storing method would be faster but i WANT to store objects.
- "If there's only one thing to activate or talk to, don't show a choice dialog."
- DONE for the chat command.
- Some others commands may be improved (eg. Activate)
- "The minimap seems to give away the positions of things you can't see."
- In fact no. The minimap show known position of things. For instance creatures are shown by red dots. The minimap shows the last known position of this creature. If the creature moves while @ don't see it, the minimap will refresh this position only when @ has it in his FOV. It seems to be confusing, it may be a good idea to display only "in FOV" creatures red dots.
- Well, i'll check that. Dark red dots: good idea :) -Crypt
- start adding more complex outdoors generations (=>towns, etc)
- DONE enlarge following creature checked area (when switching between levels)
- delete dead creatures from toGuard arrays (not for Animals)
- add a coward boolean. (sheep=>true) Always setFlee(true) when foe detected. And i guess sheeps should not eat wolves....lol
- several new spells and potions to add in order to take advantage of some recent features : friendship, ventriloquism, catwalk, etc.
- add a taming action ? (using the chat command)
- add some kind of a "I surrender" action (using the chat command) ?
- DONE next level Xps must be balanced.
- DONE Add a graveyard. Corpses of permadead characters can be unearthed...
- DONE Holes in the ground ==> Hole in the ceiling for the corresponding inferior map. You may use a fly spell to go up throw a hole. Holes in the ceiling are displayed using a violet circle.
- DONE Stairs must correspond. A Down stair must lead to an up stair (and vice versa), EVEN when generating random levels.
- DONE enhance random dungeons generation and add random underground rivers.
- DONE friendly creatures can be commanded to attack or to go to a specified point. (as far as the spell of friendship is not yet implemented, this feature can only be used on a summoned dog.)
- DONE auto read when walking "on" signs and tombs
- DONE a drop items when a creature is dead bug to correct.
- DONE to fix: in random dungeons: grounds tiles something cover other objects (mainly walls or doors)
- DONE to add: when walking on a trap without trigering it => display a message
- DONE to add: when seeing a creature opening a door => display a message
- DONE to fix : when unearthing permadeads => the tomb should be emptied (in current version an infinite number of skeletons can be unearthed) (use ecrit.setNomCadavre(null))
- to add: spells of friendship, guardian, lethe, aura of fear(livings only) and vade retro(undeads only).
- to add: lethe potion
- to fix: trade prices
- to fix: firebolt tends to be too powerfull too quickly (=> and too huge damages when hiting unaware creatures)
- to add: boots, amulets, helmets, gauntlets, shields, rings.
- Maybe done....(hard to reproduce) to fix: the "On ground" panel sometimes flickers.
- DONE to fix: load character which has not leave the first map => 2 characters in map 0,0,0
- DONE to fix: because of the restart/animThread bug fix , the animation of a bolt which kills @ is not fully displayed.
- DONE Santient and fine manipulators creatures who has nothing else to do may pick up not immediatly usefull items.
- DONE but some probably remains some optimizations
- to add: display effects durations (right panel)
- to modify: the effects icons display method. (in order to add a greater number of effects.)
- to add: teleport fumble, and spell casting fumble in general (grevious fumbles could lead to demons invocations, etc...)
- buy a lantern, kill morgoth
Far Future TO DO list:
- a lot.
- Sometimes ASCII characters get displayed in the tiles mode. This is just for previously seen, but now out-of-sight walls, which may be intentional.
- Would be good if settings were remembered across sessions.
- Maximising the window doesn't make the controls expand to the available space.
- New lines are added when the log textbox is made bigger.
- If rain is turned off it seems to display at the outside of the map. For example, going inside for the first time and then all the way to the left will show rain to the left edge of the view.
- Is it not possible to release a shovel that's broken? I couldn't figure out how to do that.
Icey 20:21, 10 Oct 2006 (CEST)