|Theme||hack & slash|
|Influences||Jacob's Matrix, POWDER|
|Licensing||open source (BSD), freeware|
|Interface||Graphical tiles (which are of characters!), Keyboard|
|Game Length||10 min to get killed|
|Official site of Smart Kobold|
Smart Kobold is a Seven Day Roguelike written by Jeff Lait.
You are a brave adventurer seeking the gold to repay a few minor debts you incurred when last in the city. You have reason to believe that these kobolds hide some of the noble metal in their caves. Gold is, of course, of no use to such vermin. So by recovering it you are doing the economy-at-large (and yourself-in-particular) a great favour.
While you have no ranged weapon or healing potions on hand, experience has taught you that you should be able to acquire what you need from the kobolds. You doubt you'll need a melee weapon upgrade - your sword could kill a kobold five times over with its weakest hit!
The music is Azog's march II, by jice which can be found at the Rogue Bard, http://roguebard.eptalys.net/song.php?id=8
- Amulet of True Sight allows you to scout out terrain.
- Ring of Searching speeds trap detection.
- Kobolds in this dungeon are smarter than your average kobold.
- Non-Cartesian. Rooms do not have to fit on a regular grid.
- Multithreaded. Display and world calculations are run on separate threads.
Versions and platforms