Remixed Pixel Dungeon
|Remixed Pixel Dungeon|
|Released||Dec 28, 2014 (1.7.2a-rus)|
|Updated||Feb 21, 2016 (remix.21.5)|
|Licensing||open source, freeware|
|Interface||pixel-art graphics, simple animation, touch interface|
|Official site of Remixed Pixel Dungeon|
Remixed Pixel Dungeon is pixel-art roguelike game for android (Remixed Pixel Dungeon at Google Play) and Chrome Os ( https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/remixed-pixel-dungeon/apoffbknlkbjdainiepemddfgkejicba Remixed Pixel Dungeon at Chrome Web Store ).
It's based on a classic idea of dungeon crawling. The player takes role of hero class of their choice to dwell in the depths of a randomly generated dungeon. Each 5 levels player must defeat a boss in order to progress, until reaching the game's goal at the deepest level.
The project started as translation of Pixel Dungeon to Russian, but eventually started to evolve on it's own. The game is being updated on regular basis, featuring new content patches every 1-3 weeks. It's strongly driven by community feedback and developed several ideas based on community suggestions.
At this point version remix.21.4 features several differences, compared to original:
- Multi language support
- New (fifth) hero class: Elf
- New dungeon type: Spider Nest. Features set of thematic monsters and new boss.
- 20+ new items, including new weapon types: Bows and arrows
- 10+ new monsters including elementals
- New item interactions:
- Fire an toxic gas can affect more items.
- Seeds can be eaten
- Potions can be used to give additional effect to weapons.
- New NPC
- Difficulty settings and save/load function
- Support of community created mods (players are able to create custom texture packs for existing objects and change their descriptions, it's also possible to create custom level layout)
Currently it localized (more or less successfully) to:
- Brazilian Portuguese
More localizations in progress at Transifex
Source code for Remixed Pixel Dungeon can be found at Github.