Remixed Pixel Dungeon
|Remixed Pixel Dungeon|
|Released||Dec 28, 2014 (1.7.2a-rus)|
|Updated||Apr 5, 2018 (remix.28.1)|
|Licensing||open source, freeware|
|P. Language||Java, Lua|
|Interface||pixel-art graphics, simple animation, touch interface|
|Official site of Remixed Pixel Dungeon|
It's based on a classic idea of dungeon crawling. The player takes the role of hero class of their choice to dwell in the depths of a randomly generated dungeon. Each 5 levels player must defeat a boss in order to progress until reaching the game's goal at the deepest level.
Unlike another PD flavors hero start his journey from the small town built just a top of an ancient dungeon...
The project started as the translation of Pixel Dungeon to Russian but eventually started to evolve on its own. The game is being updated on regular basis, featuring new content patches every 1-3 weeks. It's strongly driven by community feedback and developed several ideas based on community suggestions.
At this point version remix.28 features several differences, compared to the original:
- Multi-language support
- Original musical themes:
- Boss battle music theme
- Caves music theme
- Ice Caves music theme
- New level object: Explosive Barrel
- New hero classes: Elf, Necromancer, Gnoll
- New dungeon type: Spider Nest. Features set of thematic monsters and a new boss.
- New dungeon type: Necropolis.
- New dungeon type: Ice Caves.
- New dungeon type: Demon Nest, with new mobs and mini-bosses.
- New Bosses: Shadow Lord, Spider Queen, Lich, Ice Guardian
- 30+ new items, including new weapon types: Bows and arrows
- 20+ new monsters including elementals
- Magic without wands
- New item interactions:
- Fire an toxic gas can affect more items.
- Seeds can be eaten
- Potions can be used to moist arrows.
- 5 New NPCs
- Difficulty settings and save/load function
- Support for community-created mods (players are able to create custom texture packs for existing objects and change their
descriptions, it's also possible to create custom level layout)
Mods can change game sprites, texts, dungeon layout, maps, and so on. Few mods available for in-game download. Check github for info & examples
Currently, it localized (more or less successfully) to:
- Brazilian Portuguese
More localization's in progress at Transifex ( any help are welcome )
Source code for Remixed Pixel Dungeon can be found at Github.