|Influences||Shiren the Wanderer, DoomRL|
|Released||July 4th, 2012 (1.1.3)|
|Platforms||Anything that runs Java. Not optimized for handheld devices.|
|Game Length||1-3 hours|
|Official site of QuickHack|
QuickHack is a simple Coffeebreak roguelike with arcade game influences. The player descends through 30 dungeon levels, gathering treasure and killing enemies.
QuickHack features streamlined gameplay; there are only 6 classes, and 3 item slots. Each character can move, use their basic attack, and use their special attack. Potions are used to restore health, and gold is used strictly for scorekeeping. There are no skills, races, proficiencies, deities, etc.
Each class defines the special ability available to the player.
- Warrior: The warrior's special attack is twice as strong as a standard attack.
- Thief: The thief's special attack is 10 times as fast as a standard attack.
- Wizard: The wizard's special attack has a range of 10 squares.
- Summoner: The summoner summons a spirit for 10 seconds. Summoned creatures have an Offense, Defense, Max Health, and basic attack based on their summoner.
- Knight: The knight increases his Defense for 10 seconds.
- Barbarian: The barbarian increases his Max Damage and Offense for 10 seconds.
All classes have access to the same bonuses when leveling up.
- There are seven different types of enemy.
- Each enemy type also has a variant, with a special ability.
- Either can be a Champion, which improves their stats.
- Animation (attacks, pickups, status conditions, etc).
- Fluid time management (actions take more or less time than each other; average time is 1 second)
- Simplified item slots (offense, defense, tactical) help keep treasure drops meaningful.
- High score list
- Arcade feel (minimal character management keeps the game moving)