Pearls of Wisdom
Revision as of 08:14, 6 July 2019 by Juggle5
|Pearls of Wisdom|
|Released||Jul 5, 2019 (1.0.0)|
|Updated||Jul 5, 2019 (1.0.0)|
|Licensing||Open Source (MIT)|
|Platforms||Mac, Linux, Windows|
|Interface||Graphical Tiles, Keyboard|
|Game Length||about 10 hours|
|Official site of Pearls of Wisdom|
You play an adventurer, exploring levels, fighting monsters, and collecting items. The goal is to collect the eight pearls of wisdom, each one guarded by a monster deep in a dungeon.
- Five character classes.
- You can have a pet, and either control it yourself, or let the computer auto-play it.
- Smart pickup and optimization of equipment.
- Socketed items allow you to customize your weapons and armor.
- Ranged weapons and spells.
- Stores (but they don't buy items, so you don't need to worry about keeping useless items for gold).
- Variety of level styles using different procedural generation algorithms.
- World layout and levels are different every game, but there are fixed bosses and artifacts.
- No permadeath; games are saved when resting in an inn.
- Graphical interface, can be resized and use different fonts.
- Keyboard control only. Keyset inspired by Angband, but simplified.
- In-game help.