|Released||2006 Oct 25|
|Updated||2006 Nov 01 (0.71)|
|Licensing||Closed Source, Freeware|
|Official site of MetroidRL|
MetroidRL was an entry for the 2006 October 7DRL programming initiative and is a project in continuous development
Please e-mail bug reports and RFEs to firstname.lastname@example.org
The game supports midi and mp3 music and wav special effects.
The latest release version is v. 0.71 dated November 1th 2006
- Use Spacebar to fire your beam, 's' to charge and 'd' to jump.
- If you get lost on the screen, use 'L' to identify the icons.
- Use F1 to bring up the help screen
- Hit the enemies to destroy them and recover energy and weapons.
- When you reach the base, you can go through any of four ellevators. Each one leads to a different area of the base. Use the base Decks as a recovery area if needed.
Planet Janus Alpha (Codename x86.2)
Contact with Galactic Federation Weaponry research facility has been lost 3 days ago.
Four scout ships sent to investigate the problem have been shot down by federation fire and a disruption field has covered the area surrounding the base, preventing long range scanners to detect activity.
Galactic Commander Adam Becgim, appointed leader of the base, has been preliminary judged as a rebel to the federation.
The base was built over a plasma shaft that goes deep into the planet; spontaneous bursts of plasma energy have been detected on the stratos of the planet, indicating possible activity from the base. Also, a class V unidentified space craft landed near the base 1 day ago.
Intergalatic hunter Samus Aran, a girl covered in mystery.
You have been assigned a mission: to land safely on X86.2 planet, infiltrate the base, neutralize the menace and recover secrets weaponry research sensitive material, under development on the 4 different areas of the base:
* ATO: Nuclear Research Facility * BAC: Biological War Research * CHE: Toxic Refinery * GEN: Genetics Research Lab
You board your gunship and begin your journey to the planet
- Nonlinear advancement: You must explore the base in order to overcome the different obstacles you will find.
- No experience levels: All advancement is based on the suit upgrades you find
- Tactical Combat: Use your available suit upgrades wisely
- Randomly generated levels
- 2.5D, a simulation of 3D on a 2D space
- Samus suit and enemies based on the Metroid series
MetroidRL requires Sun Java 1.4.2 or higher, which is probably already installed in your computer. Get Java Now!
- See other Java Roguelikes