|Company||Mozilla (and others)|
|Influences||C, Java, Python|
|Updated||March 22, 2011 (1.8.5)|
- Use jsLint to avoid many mistakes that are normally caught by a compiler
- Take advantage of Firebug for Firefox, the Web Inspector for Chrome and Safari and the Developer Tools in Internet Explorer (version 8 and above)
- Full IDEs are available including Microsoft Visual Studio Web Developer Express, Aptana and NetBeans.
- Scripting languages usually have a faster feedback loop between development and viewing the changes.
- Closures are a powerful language construct that can simplify application structure and enhance readability.
- Any user with a modern browser (on any platform) can run your game.
- A whole new world of easy-to-access graphical possibilities with the DOM or <canvas>.
- Working in a dynamic and garbage collected language takes a lot of the pain out of strong typing and memory management.
- Well supported serialization of data structures using JSON.
- Emerging HTML5 standards provide support for local storage of data.
- Emerging web application stores, such as the Google Chrome Store, provide a distribution platform.
- Many errors that are caught at compile-time in a strongly typed language will be caught at run-time.
- Full file system access requires additional plugins.
HTML and CSS
- Advent (HTML5 and Canvas)
- Cave of Epokothar (HTML5 and Canvas)
- Ruins of Kal Raman (HTML5 and Canvas) 7DRL
- Saege (not yet released)
- SanitasRL 7DRL
- The Seven Day Quest 7DRL
- Wayward βeta