The International Roguelike Development Conference 2016. A unique opportunity for roguelike developers and enthusiasts to network and discuss their genre in depth. Attendance is free and open to all, whether developer, fan, enthusiast, academic, journalist, or wandering vagrant.
This page is for the European' conference. For other roguelikes gatherings this year see:
Init Lab in Sofia, Bulgaria. Rila 6, 1202 Sofia, Bulgaria
(As I have received inquiries on the actual entrance of the building, I'm reposting the longer description here: http://wiki.initlab.org/index.php/InitLabv3#Entrance The entrance is in the alleyway between the 2 buildings (the unfinished one on the left and the one on the right where the Lab is located), and it is the blue door with the old payphone. The Lab is at the second floor of the house. Also note that I intend to meet you somewhere place else that more easily findable (the Lions' Bridge [Lavov most in transliterated Bulgarian] metro station or somewhere similar) and take you to the Lab myself.
Assen "rexorcorum" Kanev [Tales of Maj'Eyal] is host. For all questions and other stuff you can write me at asen(dot)kanev(at)gmail(dot)com. I am regular on the ToME irc channel @Rizon/#tome as "rexorcorum" during the day and evening hours (GMT+2).
- If you plan to attend, please fill in this [Google Form].**
26-27 November 2016
Registration is not necessary, but it helps to know how many people will come. Put your details below with a note on when you're around. (See also the Presentations and Demonstrations section.)
Presentations and Demonstrations
- Darren Grey - 'What is a Rogue?'
- flend - 'Recent procedural generation literature'
- Nicolas "DarkGod" Casalini - topic to be announced later
- Assen Kanev 'Of Textual and Graphical Aesthetics in Roguelikes'
- Patric Mueller - Maybe a talk about how on how to get into the NetHack DevTeam
- Kornel Kisielewicz - Jupiter Hell
Enter your details below if you wish to coordinate with others.
- Patric: Arriving on Friday at 15, leaving on Sunday at 13, staying at Hotel Favorit.
- darkgnostic: Arriving on Friday around 15h, leaving on Sunday at 12h, staying in Derelli Apartment
Bulgaria (and Sofia) General Information
Getting In/Out of Sofia
Ryanair and WizzAir do cheap flights to Sofia, Bulgaria. There are also train links across the continent.
Travel Within Sofia
Parking in Sofia
EDIT: You can also check the Airbnb options, which are cheaper and probably more convenient than the hotels.
Here is a list of the available and affordable hotels. All of them are rated "Very Good" and above at Booking.com and are in the price range of 30 - 60 € per night. All are located at nice places in the centre of Sofia and are close to the venue (some are just nearby - like 5 minutes walk, and some - at about 30 minutes walking distances or 10 - 15 minutes with the metro or the tram). Finally, I have personal experience with nearly half of them and can guarantee they are good :).
- [Favorit Hotel], and at [Booking.com]. Very close to the venue as well, highly rated, includes breakfast
- [L'Opera House] at [Booking.com]
- [Orange Flower Apartments 1] at [Booking.com]
Video streaming equipment is secured. The talks will be live streamed and put on YT later. More details as the event approaches.