The International Roguelike Development Conference 2014. A unique opportunity for roguelike developers and enthusiasts to network and discuss their genre in depth. Attendance is free and open to all. Sign up on EventBrite if you plan to attend.
Ido is organising IRDC 2014 in Berlin, Germany, on 9-11 May 2014.
As someone asked to vote on the date for the next IRDC in Berlin, please mark your availability in this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fLwOcJo3DAIo6SsVau5gscLbXOdpb4H3RDixlpoPBLw/viewform
The date chosen is 9-11 May 2014.
Meeting & Schedule
Pre-meet museum tour: Several of us are visiting http://www.computerspielemuseum.de/ for geeky culture stuff on Friday afternoon. Meet at the museum itself at 2pm.
We're going to meet on Friday at 19:00 at the venue in co-up & go get some dinner and discuss the initial schedule for Sat & Sun. If you can't make it contact ido at 0151-71510900.
Registration is not necessary, but it helps to know how many people will come. You can register at http://irdc2014.eventbrite.com and/or enter your details below.
- Darren Grey - 'The Nasty Things Numbers Do To Roguelikes' or maybe 'In Search of a Minimalist Control Scheme'
- TCE Dev Team
- flend - Roguey-locks and the 3 Graphs
- Nolithius - Count me in for the International Retail Design Conference!
- Mark Johnson - Something on procedural graphics
- Radomir Dopieralski
Friedrich Hanisch and Jana Reinhardt- sorry, no money no time
- plomlompom (Christian Heller)
- erlehmann – plain text as the universal map format, Unicode Tournament
- mntmn - merlinbitte
- ondras - Scared of JS for RL development? Don't be!
- stenno Probably demonstrating NetHack speedrunning
- Vincent Toups Maybe entity component systems in roguelikes or maybe something about the design of Corpse Wizard?
- Ido - ??? (tel: 0151-71510900)
- Patric Mueller - Something something
- jpeg - level generation of some kind
Venue & Accommodation
The venue is in co-up Berlin, a hacker-space in the east-central district of Kreuzberg: http://goo.gl/VVSvl8
Most of the places here should be within walking distance or short public transit ride: http://wikitravel.org/en/Berlin/East_Central#Sleep
Enter your details below if you wish to coordinate with others.
- Darren: Flying in Thursday evening via London Gatwick, leaving Monday morning. Staying at City-Hotel Gotland (B&B, wifi, not far from venue).
- flend: Flying in Thursday evening via London Heathrow, leaving Monday evening. Staying at City-Hotel Gotland (B&B, wifi, not far from venue).
- Ondras: Staying in Hotel Prens Berlin; arrival saturday ~4AM (bus), departure sunday ~7PM (bus)
- HPL: Arriving on friday around 10, leaving on monday around 10. Staying at City-Hotel Gotland. Is anyone going to http://www.computerspielemuseum.de/ ?
- Mark: Arriving Thursday evening, leaving Monday afternoon, staying at Hotel am Hermannplatz. Up for CSM if others are ^
- Patric: Arriving on Friday at 12, leaving on Monday at 12, staying at City-Hotel Gotland.