Gerty is a top-down rogue-lite shooter with fully destructible environment. It takes place in the caves of distant alien planets, that are filled with various monsters, secrets and hazards. The development started in October 2014 and it continues.
The players main goal in each level is to find a teleporter that'll lead them to the next level and eventually to the next world.
The player is able to dig through the terrain by hand or by utilizing his weapons. The terrain is formed from different materials, i.e. ice, rock and sand. The terrain contains a mineral called "juice" that the player can collect and use to buy items. The terrain can also be used for advantage by digging new escape routes and ambushing enemies behind walls.
The caves are filled with various types of dangerous monsters. Fast paced and unforgiving combat is flavoured with perks and items that the player can choose during the run. Each character also has their own set of skills and perks. Activatable secrets around the levels might spawn mini-bosses that require more determination to defeat, but it's all worth it since they drop precious rewards.
- One world (4 levels) to explore
- One boss level
- Procedurally generated maps
- Fully destructible environment
- Local co-op up to 4 players
- 18 items
- 8 different monsters
- Two playable character
- Controller support
- Three difficulty level
Features in development
- Three new worlds (12 more levels) with unique monsters and dangers to explore
- Three additional boss levels
- Maps with different elements and content
- Online co-op up to 4 players
- Tons of items to power-up your character with
- Horde of different monsters
- 2-6 additional characters with different skill sets and perks
- More achievements and unlocks