Revision as of 22:21, 22 May 2005 by Kisielewicz
GearHead is one of the biggest roguelikes, and approaches to become one of the major ones if it's not already. In GearHead you can select from a lot of futuristic jobs and skills, including mecha pilot, medic, ...
- quests are Randomly generated, based on predefined scripts the number of which is constantly increasing.
- skills are increased both by successfully using them or "buying" them in exchange for XP obtained by completing quests and slaying foes.
- extensive mecha design system, allowing in-game modification of existing models.
- two spatial scales: personal (on foot), in which the default movement uses the standard coordinate convention, and mecha which uses a "turtle" system in which you must turn and advance.
- the global plot consists of a number of smaller subplots, which are randomly generated every time.
- very open structure: All objects\plots\monsters are stored in plain text files, so it's quite easy to add\modify content.