|Developer||Ido Yehieli (programming & game design), Tom Whetnall (graphics & game design), John Cleary (music)|
|Released||18 Mar 2012|
|Licensing||Freeware, Closed source|
|Platforms||Windows, Mac, Linux|
|Interface||Graphical tiles, Keyboard|
|Official site of Fuel|
You are a space miner and your singleship has burnt out the monopoles that power its engine (also the resource you mine for). You land on a large asteroid to look for more monopoles, finding a likely looking crater you start your decent. You need to find 5 monopoles to refuel your ship.
Fuel is a turn- and grid-based Spelunky-like made in seven days for the 7DRL Challenge 2012.
- Mac OS X
- Linux (slightly bugged on linux, make sure the window size is at least 720x480)
- Web Version (requires Flash)
- Movement: arrow keys
- Fire Blaster: ctrl (aim blaster in a different direction by holding ctrl and pressing arrow keys)
- Toggle Anti-Grav Belt: shift
- Movement: wasd or hjkl
- Fire Blaster: x (cannot aim)
- Toggle Anti-Grav Belt: x
- press ctrl+f to enter full screen mode, esc to exit it
Resources and tools
The three pieces of technology you live by are your space suit, your grav-belt and your trusty laser blaster. All three of these devices run on simple fusion technology, the fuel for which is volatile ice crystals rich in oxygen, hydrogen and helium. As you descend into the crater you will find ice formations, you can blast these to aquire ice crystals. At the end of each level you allocate these crystals to charge your suit, belt & laser as you see fit.