Forays into Norrendrin
|Forays into Norrendrin|
|Influences||ADOM, DoomRL, Angband, Brogue|
|Released||January 28, 2012 (0.5.0)|
|Updated||December 9, 2012 (0.7.0)|
|P. Language||C# with Mono|
|Game Length||Coffeebreak to medium|
|Official site of Forays into Norrendrin|
A twenty-level dungeon crawl with a skill and feat system, originally starting development in October 2011. The game features starting traits which define your special ability throughout the game on top of the skills/feats which you gain from shrines that can be found within the dungeon. There is a quick start system in place that will allow you to save past configurations for a faster start. There is a high-score system which is based on dungeon depth and player level comparisons. The game focuses on a clean user interface with many accessibility options such as quick slots, automated task options, key bindings and more.
Help & How To Play
Included in the download are five text files which will help on a variety of topics, including:
- help.txt - Featuring a 'how to play' section as well as keyboard commands.
- advanced_help.txt - Shows some more advanced gameplay tips.
- feat_help.txt - Describes which each skill/feat does as well as the category for each.
- item_help.txt - Describes what each item does in the game.
- spell_help.txt - Describes what each spell does.
Alternatively, most of this information is available in game through various means, including the help menu, which is accessed by pressing "?" (Shift + /).
- 0.7.1 - Better handling of sound events.
- Soon after - The last major feature: Templated special levels will occasionally appear to offer different challenges.