|Influences||Crossfire, Daimonin, Final Fantasy 1/2, Diablo|
|Released||Nov 01, 2012 (version 1.0.0)|
|Updated||Sep 07, 2017 (version 1.1.1)|
|Platforms||Windows, Linux, Mac OS|
|Interface||Graphical Tiles, both mouse and keyboard input|
|Game Length||One play-through takes a couple days|
|Official site of Darkfire RPG|
Darkfire RPG is a free multiplayer online roleplaying game. It has many characteristics of a rogue-like game, yet not all of them. There is a tile-based graphical interface. To play the game, the windows client needs to be installed. Please visit the official website if you want to play.
Typically rogue-like game features
- Rich gameplay with lots of stuff to explore.
- Great freedom in character development: Decide what skills to learn and upgrade. Adjust your stats to match your favorite play style.
- Tile-based map design. There are graphical tiles, but the engine is very much rogue-like.
- Randomly generated monsters and loot.
- The overall difficulty level is challenging.
- Six character classes to choose from.
Game features that differ from rogue-likes
- Graphical interface. The controls are easy to understand.
- Multiplayer - so you can play with friends. In spite of this, the game feels very much like single player. Cooperative play is entirely optional.
- Death imposes a penalty, but it is not permanent.
- All maps are handmade, in order to have a game world full of lore and quests.