|Break Out Of Hareka's Underground|
|Influences||Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup|
|Released||2017 Sept 16 (0.1)|
|Updated||2018 Apr 14 (0.5)|
|Platforms||Linux, BSD, Windows, Mac|
|Game Length||~ half an hour|
|Official site of Break Out Of Hareka's Underground|
Break Out Of Hareka's Underground (Boohu) is a roguelike game which takes inspiration mainly from Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup and its tavern, and some ideas from Brogue, but aiming for very short games, almost no character building, and simplified inventory management.
You somehow ended up in Hareka's Underground, and in order to leave, you have to find some magical stairs deep in the Underground. Along the way, you will collect treasures, as well as various helpful items. You will also encounter monsters, fight against them, or run away from them when you can…
It is a work in progress, but is already a quite complete game.
- Rods: merge ideas from mana-based magic and charge-based wands or rods.
- Gain a few random aptitudes as you go deeper.
- Simplified inventory management (e.g. no more than one weapon or armour).
- Dense foliage and automatically opened/closed doors to play with line of sight.
- Confusion status based on this tavern thread: impedes diagonal movement.
- Monster footsteps sometimes can be heared.
- No XP, no food, no upstairs.