|Theme||Wild West, western, war, steampunk, apocalypse, weird west|
|Updated||23 Dec 2004 (0.A11)|
|Official site of Abura Tan|
Abura Tan was created by Michael Blackney in 2001. It was last updated in 2004.
Abura Tan hoped to combine western, axis WWII, steampunk and apocalyptic themes, drawing inspiration from The Dark Tower, The King in Yellow and the fantasy works of Richard Brautigan.
One of uncommon features implemented is possibility to modify weapons by combining parts.
- Telescope increased range and accuracy. (sniper rifle, deadshot deringer, deadshot revolver),
- Sling lessened knockback (hip-shotgun, hip-carbine),
- Motor allows for rapid fire (autoshotgun, autopistol),
- Tesla coil installed causes schock damage (tesla-Dragoon),
- Energy projector increases damage potential (blaster rifle).
Firearms creation required player to combine casing with chamber plus maybe some accesory. Some examples:
- light pistol + breech chamber = deringer
- heavy pistol + magfeed chamber = luger
- shotgun + gatling chamber = peppercannon
- shotgun + magneto chamber = railgun
- light pistol + magneto chamber = gauss-pistol
It is not presently playable and is very much a work-in-progress.
Versions and platforms
Latest version of Abura Tan is 0.A11 and was released on December 23, 2004. Abura Tan binary is only available for DOS, but the source code is freely available.