7DRL Contest 2005
On March 5th, 2005, a great challenge was issued. The denizens of rec.games.roguelike.development were challenged to write a new, complete, roguelike in a mere 168 hours. Since so few roguelikes are ever "complete", some would claim this to be an impossible undertaking.
Nonetheless, fifteen brave souls dared enter the challenge. Of those, eight have provided us with URLs to their works. All of them, however, should be honoured for having taken on this challenge.
This list is sorted by date of acceptance of the challenge.
- Adam White: The Rogue Monkey (Failed)
- Jeff Lait: You Only Live Once http://www.zincland.com/7drl/liveonce
- Crichmon: Lurk http://lurk.basscat.net/lurker7.exe
- Edwin: Quickslash http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~eet23/quickslash/quickslash-src.zip
- The Sheep: Z-Day http://sheep.prv.pl/projects/zday/
- Chris Reuter: Nethack II: Quest For Pants (done?)
- Davis Chord: (didn't Report)
- David Gentle: (didn't Report)
- Slash: CastlevaniaRL http://www.icestormcity.com/szdev/crl.htm
- Chris Doucet: Seven Days Castle (Failed)
- Kornel Kisielewicz: DIabloRL http://chaos.magma-net.pl/diablo/
- R. Alan Monroe: 7DRL WIP http://javajack.dynalias.net/rl/7drl/
- Thijs Van Homen: (didn't Report)
- Raymond Martineau: (Failed)
- Jakub Debski: Bomberogue http://www.alamak0ta.republika.pl/bomberogue.html